FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), and ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
FCS is looking for an Environmental Services Analyst who will assist the team with performing analyses, research and documentation support for Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) on a variety of subject areas, primarily air quality and noise, but also land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, cultural resources, etc. and provide general administrative support in environmental document preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Project Managers with appropriate research information in order to respond to project documentation requirements
- Ensure requirements of CEQA and/or NEPA are met by completing analysis and documentation within specific guidelines
- Gain practical knowledge of the environmental consulting industry
- Provide assistance to Project Managers in the preparation, organization and production of EIRs
- Incorporate sub-consultant reports and personal research and knowledge into appropriate sections of environmental documents
- Communicate with various jurisdictions, agencies and sub-consultants to collect and verify information
- Conduct field studies and land use surveys
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated facility with written and verbal business English, spelling, grammar and vocabulary
- Keen attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor, and an ability to handle assignments, as well as confidential information with professionalism, tact and discretion
- Ability to receive direction and ask informed questions
- Positive attitude and teamwork skills
- Efficient written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and technical writing skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography or a related field (or In-process)
- At least 1 year of experience in Environmental Services (or coursework)
- General understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including CEQA and/or NEPA and their processing requirements
- Technical competence and understanding of one or more environmental specialties, such as air, noise, land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, etc.
FCS offers competitive salaries with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!