FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
FCS is looking for a Senior Project Manager to oversee the preparation and administration of technically and legally adequate environmental studies—primarily Environmental Impact Reports (EIR) or Environmental Impact Statements (EIS). Responsible for proactive business development and marketing activities and to provide training to technical staff for professional growth.
This role can work from one of our many offices including Walnut Creek, Fresno, San Bernardino, Pasadena, Irvine or our soon-to-open Rocklin office. Potential alternative office locations within the Roseville location as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, schedule, assign, coordinate and direct the activities of project staff
- Establish task budgets and time schedules and coordinate with the overall project
- Conduct research and prepare technical sections for environmental documents
- Review research and written materials submitted from staff and suggest any improvements
- Review subconsultant work for comprehensive and completeness
- Manage administration of clients and subconsultant contracts, project budgets, and billings
- Review contractual terms and identify potential conflicts
- Prepare project invoices, approve subconsultant invoices and monitor accounts receivables in a timely and effective manner
- Provide input for long-range financial planning (i.e., 3- to 6-month workload projections)
- Participate in staff training programs
- Conduct and participate in public and private sector project meetings, including making presentations to the public during scoping, community meetings, and public hearings
- Develop project opportunities through proactive marketing of the firm
- Coordinate and prepare proposal and qualification packages with the Marketing Department
- Prepare fee, schedule, and scope of work for proposals. Provide opportunities to maximize profitability
- Identify project subconsultants and coordinate their input for proposals and qualifications
- Assist marketing efforts by providing complete project descriptions on current projects, and updating resume as needed
- Establish and maintain a high level of communication with staff, clients and subconsultants
- Supervise and efficiently edit technical staff’s written materials to provide constructive feedback
- Proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects
- Promote teamwork through interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as internet usage
The position operates both in field and office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, as well as exposure to inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit at a computer for extended periods as well as communicate with clients and staff over the phone. The employee will be expected to attend meetings, hearings and perform public speaking from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography or related field
- 7 years’ professional experience in environmental and/or planning field
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and their processing requirements
- Business Development experience with strong client relations skills
- 2+ years’ experience managing large scale projects/programs (>$1M in revenue)
- Experience in managing large compliance programs, project management techniques, marketing and proposal preparation, and financial management principles and practices
- Prior Supervisory experience
- Prior experience with Oil and Gas Sector recommended