FirstCarbon Solutions, an ADEC Innovations, (ADEC) is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
ADEC is looking for a Software Sales Associate that will be responsible for day-to-day outreach and activities necessary for identifying and closing new sales/bringing new clients on board including: generating outbound leads; collaborating with marketing to implement campaigns to generate inbound leads; following up, qualifying and developing leads; listening to client and prospects needs; conducting online product demonstrations; sending out and following up on proposals and contracts; and, transitioning new clients to the Customer Success team. Salary range: $50-70k w/ $100-140k (on target).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails.
- Collaborating with Marketing on digital marketing campaigns in order to generate inbound leads and responding quickly to inbound sales leads.
- Leading new prospects through the sales process, including the tracking of pipeline and developing and delivering customer presentations and product demonstrations in order to successfully quality and close new business.
- Qualifying prospects in order to understand their budget, timing and internal process / approvals necessary to get a deal closed.
- Understanding prospective customers; needs and requirements and communicating how our services and solutions meet those needs through a clear value proposition.
- Tailoring proposals that target our unique selling proposition based on a prospect’s stated needs.
- Managing a prospect through the pipeline and documenting all activities, deals and next steps in Hubspot CRM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver powerful presentations.
- Great phone presence and ability to build relationships that way as well.
- Ability to demonstrate software to potential users.
- Excellent networking, lead generation and information gathering abilities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to break down complex concepts, make logical comparisons and identify underlying patterns and connections.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Collaborative, team player; works well with others and creates an environment where supporting team members are enthusiastically supporting the sales associates efforts to close new business.
The position operates in a professional office environment as well as occasional travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required stand; walk; have hand/finger dexterity; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or Technical Discipline such as Sustainability, Environmental Science, Life Cycle Analysis, etc.; or equivalent training and/or experience in one or more fields
- 3-5 years of experience in selling/growing the use of business products or services
- 2 years’ experience specifically in software applications within the environmental, sustainability, energy or related industry
- Apparel experience is recommended
- Business Intelligence Software experience is a huge plus
- Demonstrated track record in hitting sales targets and closing new business