FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for research and preparation of sections for environmental, planning and CEQA documents, and assistant in the effective coordination of project execution. This position can be expected to actively further the overall project implementation including budget controls, billing procedures and contract augments. Some coordination of in-house staff, as well as sub-consultants, is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Senior Project Managers and Project Managers in project administrative functions, client meetings and public presentations and ensuring that projects are conducted efficiently to maximize profits within project budgets
- Perform project-related activities within established budgets
- Provide input to Senior Project Managers and Project Managers for project budgets and contract amendments.
- Assist in coordination of in-house project team, including word-processing and graphics and outside sub-consultants
- Expand knowledge of environmental documentation through attendance at training sessions and courses
- Perform analysis of project impacts efficiently and present in concise and professional manner
- Perform research and analysis for environmental documents, including contacts with public and private groups
- Perform field work including site visits for environmental information and photos
- Assist in the preparation of written materials for proposals, as well as marketing materials
- Investigate and participate in marketing contracts and phone calls to new and existing clients
- Assist marketing efforts by assisting Project Managers in providing complete project descriptions on current projects and updating FCS resume as needed
- Effective communication through written and oral methods
- Promote teamwork through interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS Office software applications, especially Word and Excel, as well as internet usage
The position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position may require travel - attend meetings, briefings and hearings, as well as presentations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of the computer. The position is regularly required to talk and hear as well as stand, stoop, walk, reach with hands and arms and hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography, Biology or related field
- 3+ years related work experience
- Specific understanding of CEQA and its processing requirements
- General understanding of NEPA
- Technical competence and understanding of one or more environmental specialties such as land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, air, noise, etc.
FCS offers competitive salaries and benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!