FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is searching for a Proposal Manager to oversee the proposal process from concept to completion, ensuring compliance with proposal requirements and deadlines. This position provides full-service proposal development activities in support of a global environmental planning and sustainability solutions company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret customer requirements in Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), and Request for Information (RFI) documents and prepare a creative framework for appropriately responding to those requirements.
- Assist in the development of completely customized approaches and strategies for “must-win” proposals based on the client and their specifications. For all other proposals, oversee the completion of proposals according to existing standards, processes, and practices.
- Implement strategic initiatives for proposal-driven business development, including the creation of a custom look and feel for “must-win” proposals that is consistent with the company's and client's brand. Experience with InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Implement effective rebranding of proposals and related content to increase win rates.
- Coordinate with the proposals team to create template materials using InDesign and/or Microsoft Word to establish a foundation for proposals and response materials.
- Set and enforce proposal schedules based on RFP/RFQ deadlines.
- Write compelling executive summaries and other content to support the development of winning proposals.
- Utilizing own knowledge, subject matter expert recommendations, and ultimately, working at the direction of the Sales/Operations Director, collect and ensure accuracy of relevant project descriptions, resumes and other key response materials for use in the proposal.
- Compile RFP materials from subject matter experts and incorporate into final proposals in a systematic way.
- Design graphics, tables and charts to enhance proposal content and value. Identify, capture and store reusable content for use in future proposals.
- Lead the collaboration of multi-disciplinary teams to define winning proposal themes, establish competitive differentiation and drive each proposal to completion.
- Proofread and update completed proposals and related documents ensuring consistency and quality, including compelling sales propositions and materials, grammar, spelling, formatting, graphical layout, etc. are addressed.
- Implement new departmental strategies to streamline the internal marketing and proposal process.
- Use project management/data management applications to update go/no-go reporting and ongoing project status.
- Solid technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat applications. Deltek Vision and Indesign experience is a plus.
- A highly motivated self-starter that is an excellent team player with exceptional communication, technical writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with multiple departments and executive staff with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented with high standards for quality and accuracy. Strong organizational skills and experience in tracking tasks.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining processes and systems within budget and schedule parameters.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines efficiently, prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and work collaboratively in group problem solving situations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, environmental science, sustainability, or a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in proposal/RFP management from opportunity identification through submittal.
- Prior experience in the environmental/sustainability field is preferred.
The position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position may require travel - attend meetings, briefings and hearings, as well as attend and give presentations.