This position can be located in Boston, San Francisco or virtually anywhere in the world!
At Fauna, we're changing the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
Our software is six years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. Our founders built and ran the databases that powered Twitter during its early years of crazy growth and applied all they learned there in building the database they wish they had. You’ll be working with a talented team of software engineers who have been tech leads for service teams, built globally distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Amazon, Twitter, and Oracle.
We’re looking for software developers of all experience levels to join our distributed, remote only team. You will contribute directly to FaunaDB, taking ownership of new database functionality from design to delivery. At Fauna we believe that code alone does not a feature make; you will help operate our cloud environment, enhance our distributed QA system, and assist in documenting new functionality.
What You Will Do:
- Design, code, document, and test the Fauna database
- Maintain a high standard of code quality in a clean, well-tested codebase
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions
- Take ownership of all parts of our product from the database core to the drivers
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and technical support
- Help Fauna build an amazing company through contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating all the things
What You Will Bring:
- Hands on application development experience in Scala OR Java, but preferably in both and one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, or C#
- Familiarity with Linux based production database operations in cloud and on premise, Linux networking, monitoring, and troubleshooting, especially distributed systems at scale
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to large, small, and 1:1 technical audiences
- A self starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development
- Database or systems operations experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with advanced technical degrees
- Experience working in a remote team
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. FaunaDB is a database built for serverless that offers low-latency, global access to both relational and document data, without sacrificing strong data consistency. Scalable, secure, and developer-friendly, FaunaDB is designed to support modern application development in the Cloud. Developers looking to build rich applications look to FaunaDB as the de facto data platform for speed and ease. Founded in 2012 by the team that scaled Twitter, Fauna is a 100% distributed organization and our employees can work from almost anywhere in the world! We are funded by Point72 Ventures, CRV, Data Collective, and Quest Venture Partners, with strategic investment from GV (formerly Google Ventures, a division of Alphabet), Capital One Growth Ventures, and LINE Corporation.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for developers to build applications using FaunaDB. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package, plus there’s no commute!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.