Come help bring FaunaDB to the developer community!
In this remote based role, we're looking for an engineer who is passionate about evangelizing the use of FaunaDB in modern applications, and discussing those topics with peers via blogs, podcasts, webcasts, speaking engagements, and papers. In this opportunity you will experiment with FaunaDB, and showcase the power and flexibility of FaunaDB in building applications better and faster. As a member of the product team, you will work closely with the Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success teams to discover and nurture new avenues for developer engagement. You will be creative in your approach, and develop expertise in the use of FaunaDB and best practices around it. You will, at times, be the first point of contact with Fauna for developers at conferences, meet-ups and elsewhere in the community - both on and offline - and you will help define our point of view in the market.
What You Will Do:
- Research the latest technologies and stay on top of everything that's new.
- Go to the best conferences and meet-ups in the world (and maybe just those that are convenient for you to reach) and give talks about FaunaDB, consistency, JAMStack, and more
- Create digital content to engage with developers via Online Meet- ups, Webinars and more
- Educate and empower developers, give technical workshops, develop online tutorials, and deliver webinars.
- Write production-quality code and contributing to demos and other projects that help developer adoption.
- Analyze effectiveness of Developer Advocacy and continually strategize and iterate.
What You Will Bring:
- Experience in using databases such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Firestore, Postgres (and hopefully FaunaDB)
- A passion for sharing your knowledge with your peers including developers and architects for modern systems
- A computer science degree and/or a strong background in full-stack development using modern frameworks (React/Vue/NodeJS/etc.) is desirable
- Strong skills in both written/verbal English, wit, humor, and a collaborative sense to your content creation process
- The ability to translate technical concepts into terms that can be easily understood both in written and verbal forms
- Public speaking experience and desire to present in small and large groups (online and offline)
- Bandwidth to travel up to 20%
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. FaunaDB is a database built for serverless that offers low-latency, global access to both relational and document data, without sacrificing strong data consistency. Scalable, secure, and developer-friendly, FaunaDB is designed to support modern application development in the Cloud. Developers looking to build rich applications look to FaunaDB as the de facto data platform for speed and ease. Founded in 2012 by the team that scaled Twitter, Fauna is a 100% distributed organization and our employees can work from almost anywhere in the world! We are funded by Point72 Ventures, CRV, Data Collective, and Quest Venture Partners, with strategic investment from GV (formerly Google Ventures, a division of Alphabet), Capital One Growth Ventures, and LINE Corporation.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for developers to build applications using FaunaDB. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.