This position can be located virtually anywhere in the world!
Fauna is the data API for client-serverless applications. A web-native GraphQL interface with support for custom business logic and integration with the serverless ecosystem enables developers to simplify code and ship faster. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute fabric is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets you experience freedom from database operations at any scale. At Fauna, we're disrupting a $40B industry, and we're just getting started.
We’re looking for experienced software developers to join our distributed, remote only team. You will contribute directly to FaunaDB, taking ownership of new database functionality from design to delivery. At Fauna we believe that code alone does not a feature make; you will help operate our cloud environment, enhance our distributed QA system, and assist in documenting new functionality.
What You Will Do:
- Design, code, document, and test the Fauna database
- Maintain a high standard of code quality in a clean, well-tested codebase
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions
- Take ownership of all parts of the database core product
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and technical support
- Help Fauna build an amazing company through contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating all the things
What You Will Bring:
- Hands on application development experience in Scala OR Java, but preferably in both.
- Experience building distributed systems. Understanding of distributed network protocols, consistency models, developing for low latencies and robustness in face of partial system failures.
- Familiarity with Linux based production software operations in cloud and on premise, Linux networking, monitoring, and troubleshooting, especially distributed systems at scale
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to large, small, and 1:1 technical audiences
- A self starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development
- Database or systems operations experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with advanced technical degrees
- Experience working in a remote team
Backed by premier venture investors Madrona Venture Group, ADDITION, GV, and CRV, Fauna is a well-funded startup, with a 100% remote organization. We're led by an experienced leadership team hailing from Microsoft, Okta, Twitter, Elastic, Juniper and Oracle. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually disrupt our market. To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.