We’ve taken the time to build things right. You’ll be working with a brilliantly talented team of software engineers who have been tech leads for service teams, built other distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Amazon, Twitter, Apple and Oracle.
What you will Do:
- Innovate with the latest technology to deliver software that will make our users excited and delighted to use our platform
- Collaborate with a small front-end development team to build the next generation Fauna cloud and Enterprise platform
- Improve and Enhance interface between UI and backend Microservice APIs
- Design cross-cutting concerns like authentication/authorization, logging, security, and testing into developer boilerplates to minimize production errors
- Partner with the DevOps Team to support UI continuous integration and deployment processes to improve stability and reliability
What you will bring:
- 4+ years delivering scalable, customer facing NodeJS applications
- 2+ years with CI/CD, TDD/BDD with libraries like Mocha/Chai
- 2+ years exposure with public cloud providers such as Google Cloud, AWS or Azure
- 1+ years production experience with React JS or comparable framework (Angular, VueJS, Gatsby, etc)
- Boldness to propose design solutions that decrease time-to-market in maximally effective ways to improve the user experience
- Passion for creating great user experiences
- Experience working with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expertise with mobile & desktop browser concerns, capabilities and limitations
- Great organizational, prioritization and communication skills
- Rails experience
- Experience with building authentication/authorization systems
- Experience with React v16.8+ (functional structures, hooks, etc)
- Experience with relational, NoSQL or GraphQL databases
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. FaunaDB is a serverless database that offers low-latency, global access to both relational and document data, without sacrificing strong data consistency. Scalable, secure, and developer-friendly, FaunaDB is designed to support modern application development in the Cloud. Developers looking to build rich applications look to FaunaDB as the de facto data platform for speed and ease. Founded in 2012 by the team that scaled Twitter, Fauna provides a remote friendly culture and is based in San Francisco and Boston. We are funded by Point72 Ventures, CRV, Data Collective, and Quest Venture Partners, with strategic investment from GV (formerly Google Ventures, a division of Alphabet), Capital One Growth Ventures, and LINE Corporation
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for developers to build applications using FaunaDB. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in any US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.