About the role:
The HW System Architect role is a unique position allowing ownership of all things "EE" about a product. All the way from architecture to component selection, schematic capture and board layout to validation and manufacturing. Our products are on the cutting edge in every way: integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design.
- Drive the early design and implementation of the electronic aspects of a complex, high-performance, deeply integrated, electro-optical computing system
- Bridge the developmental gap between ASICs and CPUs
- Architect the silicon-based electronics of our production model
- Bring a deep understanding/inventive capacity related to electrical engineering in general
- Think ahead and see the big picture, to ensure flexibility for future systems
- Deal with power budget, cooling techniques, and influence on packaging
- data rates
- Analysis, of power, clock distribution, system design
- Writing and reading specifications
- 10+ years experience in EE systems architecture
- Experience with FPGA design and use
- Some knowledge of semiconductor packaging techniques
- Some knowledge of data conversion, ADC at low to moderate speeds
- Experience with systems operating in the hundreds of megahertz is required, and gigahertz clock speeds is a plus
- Desire to help build something that hasn’t been built before. Experience with low volume, high performance, custom prototype.
- Willing to explore out of the box solutions
- Able to perform comprehensive electronic system characterization
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- Strong project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work closely in an interdisciplinary team, excellent communication skills
- You love doing great work, especially with the chance to have a major societal impact.
- You’ve worked on cool projects and you’d love to tell us about them!