What it is about
Here at Fashion Cloud we want to build the best software possible to be able to support our growing user base. Our API handles millions of requests per day and serves Terabytes of images and product data. Our code is tested, maintainable and readable. We are a fun international community of engineers that are looking for new inspiring people to join the team and to learn from. We love simple processes that make sense and to work together as a team.
What to expect
- You will build rock solid API endpoints
- You will write Database queries that withstand even peak request times
- You will write unit and integration tests
- You will take responsibility for major parts of the code base
- You will be a mentor and role model to the rest of the team
Thats what you bring to the table
- A Passion for Web Technologies and Programming
- You know your way around our Tech-Stack (e.g. Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB)
- You have experience in API Design
- You have a high standard of code quality and fix broken windows immediately so that we will never have to deal with legacy code
- A strong commitment to writing tests and/or TDD practices
- You are familiar with Scrum or other agile frameworks
- Looking forward to provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly. We are always working to improve our current implementations and solutions
- You laugh, at least twice, daily.
Ideally you also have experience with...
- Leading Engineering Teams
- common web security concepts
- Design of Software Architecture
- AWS or other major cloud service (e.g. Google Cloud)
- Message Queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis)
- Serverless Computing / Function as a Service (e.g. Lambda)
That's why you should join
We love writing good software and believe in continuous learning. That means you will get time every week to expand your knowledge or to build a cool side project. You will be able to attend conferences and to get books that help you to grow. Our company retreats, twice a year, are already a legendary tradition. But most above all you will build a product that has incredible traction and that our customers love, becauseWe believe in the future of the Wholesale Community
If you have any relevant references that you consider essential for your application, please attach them to your cover letter.