Here at Fashion Cloud we want to build the best software possible to be able to support our growing user base. Our API handles millions of requests per day and serves Terabytes of images and product data. Our code is tested, maintainable and readable. We are a fun international community of engineers that are looking for new inspiring people to join the team and to learn from. We love simple processes that make sense and to work together as a team.
We are on the lookout for someone who likes to take on backend work in Python+Django, frontend work in ReactJS and general infrastructure using various AWS services.
What to expect
Implementation of a complete backend, with challenges like:
- Synchronization with our app
- Input from and output to our customer's software partners
- Data mapping algorithms
- Maintain and write test cases for all functionalities
- Professionalize the development further with better tools
- Keywords: Python, Django, REST APIs, Ansible, Vagrant, Amazon AWS, RabbitMQ, Github
That's what you bring to the table
- You take pride in delivering work of high quality - While we're at it, we love to see some of your projects!
- You have a Getting Things Done spirit - Regardless whether you use David Allen's technique or your own
- You take initiative and responsibility - You own the code, it's up to you to improve it
- You have experience with automatic software testing - We don't want to waste our time pushing buttons like a monkey
- You are a definitive team player - You are awarded a silver medal in speaking and a golden medal in listening
- You speak English fluently
That's why you should join
We love building robust systems and believe in continuous learning (not only personally but also on a technical level). That means you will get time to expand your knowledge or to build a cool side project. You will be able to attend conferences and to get books that help you to grow. Our company retreats, twice a year, are already a legendary tradition. But most above all you will build a product that has incredible traction and that our customers love, because
We believe in the Future of the Wholesale Community
If you have any relevant references that you consider essential for your application, please attach to them in your cover letter.