Let’s change the face of agriculture!
Who We Are
At FarmWise, we are building autonomous farming robots to help agriculture become more sustainable. With our current team of 15, we're already deployed our first wave of robots, generating revenue and completing valuable work for farmers.
About the Role
We are looking for a Robotics Senior Software Engineer to improve, maintain and test the software that powers our autonomous robots. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our farming robots to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
About the Work
- Take part in all phases of software development: concept, design, prototyping, and production
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields,
- 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
- Proficiency in Python and C++, a strong background in object-oriented programming, multithreading and system architecture in Linux environment
- Perfect knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, releases, and unit testing,
- Skills in algorithm development
- 2+ years lead experience
- Deep experience with ROS
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
We offer the following programs and benefits to support our team:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- 401k match program
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
- Shape a revolutionary product in its early days