Come and tackle complex robotic problems to build the first generation of autonomous farming robots!
At FarmWise, we build autonomous robots for agriculture. We work with and for growers to help them move away from chemical-based processes and face the labor crisis that is transforming the face of agriculture.
In partnership with some of the largest vegetable growers in California, we are developing a mechanical weeding robot which drives itself throughout the field, distinguishes weeds among many varieties of different crops through machine learning and computer vision, and cut weeds out using knives in the ground.
After raising more than $6m in private funding, our team of 15 people (Stanford, Columbia, and MIT alumni) is currently deploying the first set of machines to California farms.
We are looking for a Robotics, Tech Lead to lead our team of talented software and robotics engineers, take ownership of the codebase, contribute to the development of complex robotics features, and help define the long-term success of the product. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our farming robots to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
As a key member of the engineering team working on the first autonomous robot in US farms, you will:
- Tackle complex robotic problems such as dead reckoning, control, automated calibration, decision making under uncertainty, and navigation/path planning.
- Lead a team of 4+ Robotics and Software Engineers (10+ in the coming year)
- Participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production.
- Improve coding standards and spread them throughout the team.
Beyond this set of responsibilities, you will be exposed to a broad variety of other challenges as they arise and you will need to discuss, brainstorm and work closely with hardware engineers, AI engineers and system engineers.
We get excited about self-starters who have:
- A BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields,
- 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
- Deep experience with ROS
- Proficiency in Python and C++, a strong background in object-oriented programming, multithreading and system architecture in the Linux environment
- Perfect knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, releases, and unit testing,
- Skills in algorithm development
- 2+ years lead experience
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
At FarmWise, you will find here a great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will enjoy excellent benefits:
- Equity in the company, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401k match program and lunch catered every day
- Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and critics from other best-in-their-field teammates
Join us in our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food!