We are looking for an outstanding and experienced Product Engineer to lead the Farmshelf Engineering team in the development and manufacturing of our recently launched consumer focused indoor hydroponic farm Farmshelf Home.
Through your experience, you will guide the engineering team to develop, refine and release solutions that enable users to grow and harvest produce where they live, eat and work. Solutions will be designed for manufacture at scale with emphasis on cleanability, reliability and ease of use.
You will be responsible for creating the program that enables Farmshelf to launch a successful consumer product, enabling growth and development of current team members as well as helping to fill out the future team and positions required to scale Farmshelf Home.
- Provide complete technical oversight for the development and execution of Farmshelf Home.
- Lead teams through prototyping, design, validation and problem solving.
- Lead technical cross-functional meetings and report status and action items to appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with Industrial Design, Software, Content, Operations and Product Management, as well as Plant Scientists to bring innovative products to market
- Provide coaching and mentorship for team members.
- Use data to drive decision making and milestone readiness.
- Responsible for analysis of new products or design concepts for manufacturability and presentation of analysis with recommendations and possible solutions.
- Responsible for planning and executing production improvement projects from concept to implementation, including component design and system design review.
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners.
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns, risk as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design change recommendations.
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 15+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products with multiple engineering systems.
- Cross-functional experience in Hardware, Software, Reliability and Manufacturing.
- Experience managing engineering Directors/Managers
- You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than products that enable you to gain more likes
- You have a deep understanding of hardware engineering to influence prototype designs, sensor selection, architectural decisions, vendor identification and testing.
- You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen