Events and Customer Success Manager
Farmshelf makes smart, hydroponic growing systems that are both beautiful and functional. Currently available to key business categories, restaurants, hotels, corporate cafes and schools & universities, Farmshelf’s mission is to feed and empower people through revolutionary food systems. Together, our team of salespeople, engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations so everyone can have access to fresh food.
Farmshelf is looking for an events and customer success manager to oversee Farmshelf’s event strategy and execution. The events manager will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Field Ops in an exciting role that touches multiple parts of the Farmshelf business. There will be two key areas of focus:
EVENTS: Farmshelf is a new product and events, including food service industry events, are a major source of lead generation. The events manager will be responsible for planning and executing events including keeping the events calendar organized, coordinating event details, attending events onsite, presenting Farmshelf to potential customers, crafting Farmshelf’s on-site marketing strategy, and following up with sales leads to kick-off the sales process.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS: This person will take an active role in activating Farmshelf branding, marketing and programming with our customers at restaurants, hotels, corporate cafeterias and universities that have Farmshelf on premise.
- Develop an expertise in Farmshelf’s product and service
- Manage Farmshelf events calendar and coordinate details for events Farmshelf will attend
- Work with event hosts and third party vendors to ensure smooth event experience from start to finish
- Think strategically about unique event marketing opportunities, including capturing contact information and efficiently following up with potential customers
- Attend and present to groups at industry events
- Must be technically able to work with Farmshelfs including transporting plants to locations, transplanting plants, and plant care (training provided).
- 2+ years professional client-facing experience working with events
- Deep understanding of sales and event marketing
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Hire contractors for events as needed
- Build and adhere to an event budget to avoid project overruns
- An excellent communicator both with internal teams, potential customers, and third party vendors
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Speak at relevant events, panels, and conferences
- Knowledge of CEA and Hydroponics a plus
- Driver’s license
- Able to lift up to 40lbs
- Willing and excited to travel for events
- Entrepreneurial spirit, natural problem solver
- Client management experience
- Marketing and social media experience
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable professional demeanor
- Ambitious, hardworking and team oriented
- Passionate about urban agriculture, food, and/or technology
Farmshelf is located at New Lab in the Brooklyn Navy Yard where you will be based when not traveling.
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation