is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms that make growing food easy. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed graphic designer to join the Farmshelf team. This individual will ideally have 1~3 years of experience in graphic design or a related field.
As a graphic designer at Farmshelf, you will develop strategically and conceptually effective brand experiences in collaboration with sales, marketing, operations and product, crafting experiences and visual assets that will stretch across the Farmshelf brand.
Flexibility, an ability to embrace uncertainty and continued learning is vital to this role.
- Lead design of all graphics/visual communication material from concept to execution
- Create aesthetically excellent work that can guide experience, communicate with clarity, and get people excited
- Maintain 30~40 hour work week
- In-office presence preferred
- BFA/BA/BS degree in design (e.g., graphic, branding, communication, product, industrial), or equivalent practical experience in designing graphics and visual communication
- Fluent with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Team player
- Passionate to solve problems and pursue challenges in a fast-growing, mission-driven startup
- Portfolio (link) showcasing most recent work
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in creating design driven narratives; crafting stories and building brands
- Experience creating and using wireframes, user journeys, storyboards, mockups, and/or prototypes of an appropriate fidelity
- Experience in motion-based storytelling (e.g. Ae, C4D, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms both physical and digital (e.g. print, packaging, web, mobile, etc.)
- Maintain diplomatic communication while working with multidisciplinary team
- Manage a large amount of work and various stakeholders in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with minimal supervision
- CSS and/or HTML5
- Sketch and/or InVision
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation