Field Operations - Dallas & Austin
is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms that make growing food easy. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias, hotels and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs Jose Andreas, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed individual to be the Field Operations ambassador in Texas - specifically serving clients in the Dallas and Austin areas. With direction from the NYC-based Plant/Field Operations Team, this individual will install new Farmshelfs, train clients, and service existing installations in Texas. Training will be provided with the goal of self sufficiency. This individual should be able to learn, adapt, and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty. We are looking for a strong communicator and a get-it-done working style.
- Coordinate pre-install site logistics for new Farmshelf clients in the Texas market.
- Install new Farmshelfs and train clients on proper use and care of the product and plants.
- Visit sites periodically to a) drive client success and b) manage health of plants.
- Ensure crop subscriptions are fulfilled and kept updated for clients across the Texas market.
- Conduct regular maintenance and mechanical or electrical repairs as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and tracking of plant and system statuses.
- Represent and demonstrate Farmshelf to potential new clients with direction from NYC.
- Report to the Director of Field Operations based in NYC.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission and deeply committed to getting things done in an organized and detailed manner.
- Experience with at least some of the above and interest in all aspects
- Plant and mechanical skills
- Knowledge of IPM and Hydroponics or similar
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle (mileage to be reimbursed)
- Willingness to travel within Texas
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and perform heavy physical labor
- Professional and positive demeanor
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation