We are looking for an outstanding and experienced VP of Product to lead the Farmshelf product team in the development and manufacturing of our recently launched consumer focused indoor hydroponic farm, Farmshelf Home.
Through your experience you will guide the entire product team to develop, refine and release solutions that enable users to grow and harvest produce where they live, eat and work. Solutions will be designed with an emphasis on cleanability, reliability and ease of use.
We are creating the future of farming and what we envision this technology and experience to be. With this comes the opportunity and challenge of designing the technology and experiences we believe enable and enhance the user experience, ensuring Farmshelf is a leader in this field.
You will be responsible for creating the program that enables Farmshelf to launch a successful consumer product, enabling growth and development of current team members as well as helping to fill out the future team and positions required to scale Farmshelf Home.
- Full product life cycle management from concept through mass production.
- Assignment of work tasks, providing performance appraisals, career planning, and training development required for direct reports.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a world class hardware development team.
- Implement best practice program management and product development processes
- Juggle multiple priorities and make trade-off decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don’t align.
- Work closely with our team of plant scientists to build off of their knowledge and research to develop an optimal plant growing environment
- Manage high volumes of detail and thrive on managing multiple simultaneous programs.
- Guide the long-term technology and innovation investments for future products.
- Guide manufacturing processes and manage relationship with CM and high-level vendors
- Manage manufacturing and validation/test timelines and ensure successful transition between phases
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial) or other related technical degree; MS a plus
- 15+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Experience working with out of country JDM/CMs/ODMs is a plus
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of Connected Consumer Devices desired
- Willingness to travel internationally at least 4 to 6 times a year
- You're deeply mission-driven and strive to make products that make a meaningful difference in the lives of your customers
- You have a deep understanding of hardware product development to influence prototype designs, sensor selection, architectural decisions, manufacturing, vendor identification and testing.
- You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.