is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms that make growing food easy. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs Jose Andreas, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed individual to join our diverse team as a Part-time Farmhand. This individual will work with the Plant Team to service existing installations. Training will be provided with the goal of self sufficiency.
- Service Farmshelf installations including seeding and germinating plants in lab, transporting plants to restaurant locations, transplanting plants in restaurant locations, plant care, and IPM
- Maintain existing labs including water quality testing, plant care, IPM, and overall lab cleaning and organizing
The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission and deeply committed to plant science, sustainability, and innovative urban food solutions.
- Relevant work experience
- Strong plant + mechanical skills
- Knowledge of CEA and Hydroponics a plus
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
- Driver’s license (ideal)
- Able to lift up to 40lbs
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation