is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor hydroponic farms that make growing food easy. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafes, hotels and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed individual to be the Subscription Fulfillment Coordinator for the Plant / Field Operations team. Some previous experience with fulfillment is ideal. This role will act as seedmaster for the company and help to evolve our fulfillment processes. This individual will execute customer subscriptions consisting of plant seed pods and nutrients as well as maintain inventory of all supplies. This individual should be able to learn, adapt, and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty. We are looking for a strong communicator and a get-it-done working style.
- Maintain and reorder as necessary all seed inventory to fulfill client subscriptions.
- Use hand- and machine-methods to perform seeding as needed.
- Maintain and reorder as necessary all nutrients and pH buffers for client subscriptions.
- Package and ship all of above items to meet needs of clients and field operations.
- Look for ways to continually optimize and create structure for subscription fulfillment
- Research, collect samples, and test new packaging materials and solutions.
- Maintain and reorder as necessary all plant/field operations inventory.
- Package and ship subscription or installation supplies to markets outside of NYC.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and tracking of all inventory and shipments.
- Label seed pods and nutrients meticulously to maintain correct flow of operations.
- Help with other projects as needed (e.g. creation of cold storage; package assembly line)
- Take lead on maintaining order and cleanliness of lab/seeding spaces.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission and deeply committed to getting things done in an organized and detailed manner.
- 2-3 years of experience with at least some of the above and interest in all aspects
- Specific experience in fulfillment is desired
- Loves to organize items into the best, most efficient way and to maintain it
- Utmost attention to detail in maintaining sanitary and safe working conditions
- Enjoys working with hands for extended periods of time (i.e. seeding, packaging)
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency, timing, and deadlines where applicable
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Occasional need to start early, prepping seed pods for our field operators to deliver.
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and perform heavy physical labor
- Professional and positive demeanor
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation