makes it easy for restaurants and hotels to grow their own leafy greens and herbs in an attention-getting, compact, on-site installation. We make smart, hydroponic growing systems that are both beautiful and functional. They evoke a space’s commitment to design, innovation and sustainability while providing meaningful produce yield in an automated, internet-connected device. restaurants and hotels to grow their own leafy greens and herbs in an attention-getting, compact, on-site installation. Together, our team of salespeople, engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a sales lead to sell, consult and maintain partnerships with hospitality and food service customers. Initial primary focus includes enterprise customers such as Compass Group, Aramark, Hilton and Marriott, and initial territory includes NYC, DC, Philadelphia and Texas. Farmshelf is located at New Lab in the Brooklyn Navy Yard where you will be based when not traveling or on sales calls.
- Focus on achieving and exceeding sales goals while overseeing a sales territory
- Maximize sales through excellent product knowledge, presentation and customer service
- Proactively utilize CRM to record and maintain client information and preferences
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of Farmshelf products and brand image
- Regular engagement with customers after a Farmshelf is sold and installed to ensure product and customer success
- Conduct outreach via onsite meetings, trade shows, events, phone and email to both established and developing clients to communicate updates, events, and follow-up
- Work professionally in a team environment
This position reports directly to the Co-founder/Chief Revenue Officer. When not traveling or on sales calls, you will be located in our offices in New Lab in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- 5+ years relevant sales experience
- Deep understanding of sales, marketing and the inner workings of restaurants, hotels and corporate cafeterias.
- Ability to sell technical mechanical/electrical products
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious, hardworking and team oriented
- Passionate about urban agriculture, food, and/or technology
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation