Farmshelf makes smart, hydroponic growing systems that are both beautiful and functional. Currently available to key business categories, restaurants, hotels, corporate cafes and schools & universities, Farmshelf’s mission is to feed and empower people through revolutionary food systems. Together, our team of salespeople, engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations so everyone can have access to fresh food.
Farmshelf is looking for a highly motivated Sales Development Representative to work across all aspects of the sales process: pre sale, post sale, and client management. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, excited to interact with customers at every stage of the sales cycle, and eager to support the Farmshelf team exceed sales goals.
- Develop an expertise in Farmshelf’s product and service
- Manage inbound and drive outbound sales lead generation
- Handle inbound and outbound sales requests to qualify them and help Sales Team in moving accounts through the sales funnel
- Work strategically and efficiently to conduct outreach to potential customers and develop specific collateral and/or messaging for targets
- Track and organize deals in CRM and Farmshelf internal tracking document
- Stay on top of new leads and follow up in a timely manner
- Help sell, consult and maintain partnerships with hospitality and food service customers
- Maximize sales through excellent product knowledge, presentation and customer service
- 2+ years relevant sales and/or sales support experience
- Deep understanding of sales and marketing, particularly growth marketing
- Professional and positive demeanor
- An excellent communicator both with internal teams, potential customers, and third party vendors
- Client management experience
- Marketing and social media experience
- Experience in planning and coordinating events a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit, natural problem solver
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable professional demeanor
- Ambitious, hardworking and team oriented
- Passionate about urban agriculture, food, and/or technology
The SDR will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing and work closely with the CRO. The role will begin as an inside sales role helping move accounts through early sales stages and there is opportunity to progress in the role and become more externally client facing. Farmshelf is located at New Lab in the Brooklyn Navy Yard where you will be based when not traveling or on sales calls.
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation