is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, fabricators, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed individual to join our diverse team as a Purchasing Agent. This individual will work with the Manufacturing Team to manage purchasing from over 40 vendors supplying custom designed sheet metal, plastics, glass and PCBAs, as well as a variety of off-the-shelf items. You will work with product and manufacturing to determine purchasing requirements, follow up with vendors, manage shipping logistics, and communicate order and delivery timelines.
- Use MRPEasy and our production schedule to forecast inventory and purchasing needs
- Manage quoting, ordering, and receiving deliveries from vendors
- Update MRP system as needed, and regularly back up the MRP database
- Communicate changes in delivery timelines and report challenges as they arise
The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission and deeply committed to sustainability and innovative urban food solutions.
- Background in supply chain or manufacturing, including relevant work experience or a degree
- Prior experience using an MRP or ERP system a plus
- Fastidious attention-to-detail
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation