· Analyze inspection reports utilizing cross-feeds, inspection reports, and guidance from a variety of sources (DFAS, ACC, AF, ANG).
· Prepare payments and disbursements of Active Duty pay transactions for government approval. Ensure transactions are sufficient to confirm compliance with applicable laws and safeguard against waste, loss, and misappropriation. Use audits to inspect supporting documentation submitted by members and DFAS to ensure it is accurate, proper, and valid.
· Ensure gaining civilian and military pay documents are accurate, proper, and valid. Prepare records for government approval pertaining to members who are retiring or resigning from their positions.
· Assist in maintaining the civilian pay system, ATTAPS; ensure members are correctly gained; aid members with timecard inputs when requested.
· Provide research on the Dual Comp program to ensure members are correctly charged leave for military duty performed while in a civilian status; provide feedback to the Government.
· If errors are found, send notification to member’s supervisor for them to contact the timekeeper to ensure corrections are made to member’s pay records.
· Use the Remedy system to up-channel any issues with civilian pay records that are not able to be fixed in the finance office. These cases are sent to DFAS for review and correction.
· Prepare timecard adjustments for government approval, to include schedule changes and various civilian pay entitlements.
· The Contractor Shall: Provide customer service to the DCANG as well as external agencies in person, by telephone, or electronically. Interact with customers to resolve accounting issues and concerns. Coordinate with employees of the finance office to ensure all issues are corrected within all sections of the finance office.
· Analyze military pay management notices and rejects and provide feedback to the Government on any discrepancies found.
· Conduct research on the open document listing and provide options and/or solutions to remove discrepancies from the open document listing.
· Conduct research and audits of pay, accounting, travel, and other related records, both present and past history, to determine cause of unusual situation.
· Review and reconcile all Government Purchase card accounts quarterly.
· Maintain the self-inspection and internal controls programs.
· Using AFAFO Checklist, perform Financial Self- Inspection bi-annually.
· Using NGB provided Quality Assurance Database, enter and track deficiencies found in self-inspection.
· Follow discrepancy through resolution. Provide the COR possible processes, solutions, and steps in a plan that could lead to accomplishing “get-well” status in a timely manner.
· Maintain records IAW Federal Records Standards, rated satisfactory or higher. Utilize electronic records management provided by the military unit and be familiar with the Paper Reduction Act.