Fare Resources designs and manages values-driven food programs. Our goal is to transform the institutional food system to do good for the world.
We are dedicated to improving standards for compensation and benefits, onboarding and training, learning and development, and fun for our employees. Every full-time employee receives medical, vision, and dental insurance (we cover 100% of premiums!), generous paid sick and vacation leave, equity in the company, and delicious food daily. We create food rooted in health and simplicity primarily using organic ingredients sourced from local and organic California farms.
The Catering Server will run daily meal service at our corporate catering clients. This position will perform all front of house duties including daily meal service set-up and break down, restocking of snacks and beverages, and maintaining a clean service environment. This role will be asked to cross-train in culinary positions/techniques as needed to contribute to the success of this small team.
There are opportunities to drive the food from our kitchen and then serve that will broaden the types of shifts that you able to take.
- Setup and breakdown of daily meal services and all other points of service
- Help uphold Fare Resources hospitality standards
- Restocking and organizing all snacks and beverages
- Replenish service line and answer questions throughout service
- Be a friendly face and host within all office kitchen areas
- Create an authentic connection with our client community
- Maintain a clean and organized work/service environment
- Help with signage for all offerings
- Assist with maintaining pars for snacks & beverages
- Monitor time and temperature of food for safety/sanitation purposes
- Assist in the food transportation to and from the onsite delivery dock to client office
Typical schedule is Monday through Friday with hours dependent on the service (breakfast/lunch) that you manage
- 2+ years experience in a professional kitchen or hospitality environment with a passion for food & people
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication & patience
- Attendance & punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs
- Ability to be self-sufficient & make sound decisions on-the-fly
- Understanding & knowledge of safety, sanitation & food handling procedures
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Preferred: Basic computer skills (docs, spreadsheets, google docs, etc.)
- Preferred: Good knowledge of local products, producers and farms
- Basic ServSafe certification
Benefits and Perks
- Above-market salary / wages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (F/T)
- Retirement plan (F/T)
- Stock in the company (F/T)
- Free daily meals
- Opportunity to develop your skills, work with amazing people