Fare’s HR Manager will help develop the People department of a fast-growing food management company with the goal of creating new standards for culinary and hospitality professionals. Among the areas of focus - develop policies, create and implement systems, develop and coach company managers, and run all human resources functions. These tasks include but are not limited to - recruiting, onboarding, compensation and benefits, learning and development, separations and employee services. This is Fare’s first HR hire so we are looking for someone who is excited to develop an amazing People department that supports our company goals. The
The best candidate for this position will have:
- Entrepreneurial experience building a People department from the ground up
- Focus on employee experience and culture over risk mitigation
- Experience and excitement building an diverse workforce
- Excellent foundation of labor laws and compliance
- Experience in the food industry
Recruiting and Onboarding
- Ensures everyone who applies with Fare has a positive candidate experience.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Helps to set recruiting criteria, interview questions, candidate evaluation criteria, and all processes related to recruiting.
- Works with various partnership organizations to source talent within marginalized and minority communities to ensure we are prioritizing creating opportunities for people who may not have been given them in the past.
- Conducts employee onboarding and training to set a good foundation of Fare values and policies from Day 1.
- Maintains human resources system and organizes all other employee related documentation in an impeccably organized fashion.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Helps to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Manages all HR related insurance (EMPLI, Workers comp, etc.) and all employee claims.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Administers benefits programs such as health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Develops effective corrective action and performance improvement policies that incorporates Fare values and culture.
People Department Development
- Manages the day-to-day development of the Fare People department, including all new policies and systems alongside Fare management.
- Work with management to determine and recruit future HR hires.
- Help create people systems and policies that support Fare being an awesome place to work.
Company Training, Learning and Development
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Coordinates manager training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Designs company trainings alongside Fare management.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Works with managers to develop learning and development program for all positions in the company.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an HR department of a food or other comparable business.
- Interest in taking a leadership role in the HR department of a food business.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws.
- A self-starter with ability to project manage initiatives.
- A systems thinker who can design solutions that will scale as a company grows.
- Interest in working with a startup food business.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Expert Google Apps proficiency (i.e., Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc).
- Experience working with different HR systems.
- Honest, clear, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Courage to think differently, take risks, ask questions and see outcomes as positive no matter the results.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) a bonus.
Please submit resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in building the People department at Fare Resources using the application below.