Fare Resources designs and manages values-driven food programs. Our goal is to transform the institutional food system to do good for the world. We are dedicated to improving standards for compensation, benefits, training, professional development, and fun for our employees. Every full-time employee receives medical, vision, and dental insurance (we cover 100% of premiums!), generous paid sick and vacation leave, equity in the company, and delicious food daily. We create food rooted in health and simplicity, primarily using organic ingredients sourced from local and organic California farms.
The Dishwasher ensures kitchen, equipment and smallwares are clean, organized and well maintained. This position will need to work quickly and safely in a high-volume environment.
- Wash, dry, stock and maintain dishes.
- Maintain trash, recycling and compost stations.
- Follow direction and preparation.
- Clean and maintain catering kitchen accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Support all staff as needed.
- Assist BOH Leads with lunch service, deliveries and dishes.
- Help with next day’s prep if finished early.
- Complete deep cleaning tasks for kitchen when needed.
- 2+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for food and people
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience
- Attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs
- Ability to be a self-sufficient problem solver and make sound decisions on-the-fly
- Strong understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Basic ServSafe certification
Benefits and Perks
- Above-market salary / wages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Stock in the company
- Free daily meals
- Opportunity to develop your skills, work with amazing people and change the world