GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Falcon Structures is seeking a skilled MIG Welder to work in its growing manufacturing facility which builds workspace and living space using repurposed shipping containers. Under general supervision, the MIG Welder performs various types of welding, brazing, grinding, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment and other equipment. This position reports to the Production Manager.
ABOUT FALCON STRUCTURES
Located just 20-minutes east of downtown Austin, Falcon Structures is a market leader in modular, shipping container-based building. Since its founding in 2003, Falcon has been committed to creating a great place to work. In addition to competitive pay and benefits for full-time employees, Falcon provides opportunities for career growth through training and internal hiring. Falcon’s culture is rooted in service above self, a strong sense of urgency, individual responsibility, self-motivation, and integrity. Every member of our team represents our values and contributes to our success. If you’re looking to work with great people who are pioneering a new path in the construction industry, send us your resume!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedures and determines tools and material requirements.
- Measures and marks work to be performed on material.
- Fabricates equipment and modifies material by cutting, burning, and welding various metals.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Uses plasma torches to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned.