Sales and Service Manager
Reports to: Sag Harbor Store Manager
The Faherty Sales and Service Manager is responsible for setting the example of an “ideal” retail store experience for the organization. The individual will be responsible for analyzing business opportunities and directing and managing internal retail projects that support the growth strategies and business initiatives of Faherty Brand. Key activities may include new business opportunity analysis, current business performance evaluation, peer/industry analysis and benchmarking, and customer acquisition and retention initiatives. The Sales and Service Manager is expected to work collaboratively and cross-functionally, interacting with Marketing, Design, and Retail group leads and their teams, and to effectively communicate the results of his/her findings in an effective manner. The Sales and Service Manager represents the brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. He/she has a direct reporting relationship to the Director of Marketing and the Director of Retail Business Development.
Sales Training & Operations:
- Contribute to the creation of an outstanding in-store experience for the Faherty customer
- Assist with the preparation, tracking and approval of sales performance incentive plans
- Support the development of seasonal selling tools – product knowledge, operations and systems training documents, etc
- Assist Buying and Marketing leads with the effective communication and delivery of key assets to Faherty sales teams (line sheets, product delivery dates, product knowledge, etc)
- Create content and process for literature, maps, and other materials for Faherty store iPads
- Serve as information liaison to the Store Management Team and ‘host of stores’ for Faherty customers
- Project an engaging, welcoming and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor representative of the Faherty culture and guidelines
- Assist Faherty Director of Marketing and Director of Retail Business Development with the development of innovative programs to support and drive sales strategies
- Collect and analyze regional market information, drawing conclusions on market trends and customer dynamics, and defining opportunities for Faherty Brand sales growth
- Partner with creative and design teams to develop and execute digital story telling opportunities for the brand in a manner that is appropriate and catered to each store in the retail fleet.
- Identify external resources in the areas around Faherty stores and build/curate relationships with newest and most desirable hotels, restaurants, schools, private clubs and organizations in the area.
- Work with Director of Marketing to provide personal services of the highest level for VIP clients that may include, but not limited, to newest (hard to get) restaurant/hotel reservations, cultural and sporting events in local marketplaces, art galleries, theater shows, filming previews, recreational requests, floral orders, etc.
- Assure prompt and positive action on all resident complaints, questions, concerns and suggestions, as well as conduct quality assurance follow-up; respond to inquiries regarding services.
- Address and work with clients who present service opportunities that other staff employees cannot resolve. Attempt to resolve them and/or elevate to the Store Manager when matters are outside scope or ability.