The General Manager will play a vital role in the management and oversight of inter-store, inter-departmental, and direct to consumer flow of Faherty Brand product. From hiring & training knowledgeable associates to executing on strategic merchandising initiatives, this highly competent individual will set the standard of success within our Faherty Brand store.
General Store Operations
- Communicate with the Head of Retail, in addition to other corporate stakeholders, on such issues as merchandise distribution, merchandise assortment plans, inventory control, advertising, personnel, compensation review, staffing, training, POS and a variety of other disciplines.
- Training: Lead overall store earnings by driving top line sales. Educate Associates on ways to drive sales through promoting service standards, product knowledge, etc.
- Business Development: Perform budgeting, forecasting and business planning of inventory control and operational expenses with monthly P&L analysis. Manage and measure store progress and results against key targets and sales goals
- Visual Merchandising: Lead the execution of visual merchandising updates to ensure the store is consistently merchandised according to visual guidelines, and hold team accountable to the standards.
- Coordinate daily store operations including inventory maintenance, supply ordering, excess stock prevention, and solving inconsistencies between inventory and stock records
Talent Management and Development
- Pursue, attract, coach and retain talented candidates for key roles. Ensure that the store culture embodies Faherty’s values and is commitment to the community.
- Champion a consultative and customer centric environment. Coach every associate and store lead to create a culture of consultative selling focused on the customer’s needs.
- Partner with the Director of People and Head of Retail on talent selection, recruiting, onboarding, new hire documents, training, coaching, engagement, retention, and recognition initiatives for the store.
- Educate newly hired associates and delegate tasks based on the daily needs of the business. Ensure reliability and ability to perform daily tasks
- Implement and enforce a strong clienteling culture within store. Constantly reinforce a focus on excellent customer service
- Create and maintain weekly schedule for all store employees. Coach and manage staff to help reduce excessive overtime through increased task completion efficiency.
- Cross train sales employees to provide Operations Lead the flexibility to assign needed tasks to any store team member
- Create new techniques, incentives, and standards to help increase overall productivity and morale amongst store team members
- Develop positive, self-motivated employees who thrive a productive, high intensity work environment
- Oversee activity and execution of service, loss prevention, event marketing, cash handling and managing return to vendor and supplies
- Collaborate with Ecommerce and retail leaders to ensure execution of markdowns, signage, and marketing to align with merchandise placement
- Frequently provide feedback and suggestions for inventory and buying process improvements that will ultimately help to increase profitability
- Communicate inventory and supply replenishment needs to proper Faherty HQ team members
- Help decrease store shrink by researching inventory discrepancies and reporting suspicious activities to proper individuals within the Faherty organization
- Improve sales opportunities by training stock room staff to adhere to prompt merchandise replenishment and presentation standards on the selling floor
- Work with Operations Lead to coordinate replenishment in special cases of store merchandise changeovers and/or high traffic special events and holiday periods
Customer and Community Relations
- Help to build the Faherty Brand company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees to increase brand awareness.
- Support and communicate marketing initiatives implemented by the Faherty HQ team Evaluate customer surveys to assist with the execution of any action plan to enhance the customer’s in-store experience
- Build a highly satisfied and loyal customer base through engagement, effective selling techniques and conversion to drive a sustainable sales trend.
- Proactively identify and evaluate key strategic partners that deliver long-term growth opportunities for Faherty Brand.