Lead UI/UX Designer
About the company:
In today's digital world, a cultural renaissance is taking form. It is no longer taboo to talk about - well, anything, especially when it comes to our personal choices. Whether it’s reproductive rights, depression, or plastic surgery, no topic is off limits. But why? Are we rebels without a cause, exhibitionists at heart, or just evolving into a society that truly lives up to its values, in this case, pure unadulterated freedom of expression?
We believe it’s the latter. Because today, we no longer wait for permission to create the lives we want. We define our beauty by how we want to feel, not what other’s think of us. We express it in the choices we make and we own our right to do with our bodies, our faces, our minds what we will, and when we will it. We embrace the future of beauty, one that’s fluid and empowering–but also cutting edge– and share it with the world. Because today is our day to de-stigmatize cosmetic exploration and democratize your beauty options, so we can all realize the future of beauty together.
Welcome to The Aedit, the expert portal for beauty treatments, by the doctors and editors that matter.
What kind of work will you do?
You will be the backbone of a small team of enthusiastic creative technologists, enabling us to put the power of discovery in the palm of our customers' hands.
Specifically, you will:
- Define and implement our design process
- Work closely with the development and product teams to ideate on key design choices
- Define, develop, and document user interface design, interaction requirements/specifications, and standards
- Be responsible for multi-channel design choices such as web, mobile, email
- Create original graphic designs (e.g., images, sketches, and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g., responsiveness)
- Gather and analyze data to drive business and design decisions to optimize the performance of new and existing UI features and page frameworks
- Advocate the importance of UX across the company.
- Talk to our users!
In the past you have:
- Advocated and implemented best practices and lean design methodologies
- Worked as a UI/UX Designer, specifically with two-sided marketplaces or e-commerce websites
- Helped both product and marketing teams optimize and improve key KPIs
- Worked with design tools, for conception to delivery, such as:
- Adobe Suite
- Demonstrated excellent people, project, and time management skills to perform as a project leader or individual contributor in a collaborative team environment.
- Worked efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Broke conventional design patterns and haven’t been afraid to take design chances
- Put users first
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary range is negotiable and commensurate with prior experience
- Benefits include
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- A collaborative work environment in one of the newest co-working spaces in Midtown NYC
- Complimentary daily yoga and meditation classes
- Access to meditation rooms, rooftop lounge, tonic bar, and special events
- Healthy (and complimentary) breakfast and lunch provided daily Monday - Friday