Specific job responsibilities include:
- Creating embedded software requirements for software components defined in a subsystems software architecture.
- Review and understand the current software/requirements.
- Compare new and old requirements to ensure that all requirements are covered/captured in the new design.
- Conduct software requirements reviews and document results.
What It Takes:
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
We also require:
- 4+ years of experience in authoring detailed embedded software requirements.
- 4+ years of experience with embedded software development for embedded microcontrollers in mobile applications.
- 4+ years of experience developing, reading and debugging C code.
- Experience working in mechatronics; this includes a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Product engineering experience.
- Experience taking high level requirements and designing production intent embedded software applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of vehicle networks and protocols (CAN, J1939, ISOBUS, LIN, etc.).
- Experience working with Model Based Software Design (MBSD) and/or system simulation (Matlab, Simulink, and Stateflow).