The Senior Data Analyst is responsible to manage the flow of data from various data sources. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Conducts regular quality reviews of data loaded into data warehouses and extracts data from the warehouse to support business and program requirements. Assists with the development of new analytical and operational processes and procedures. Acts as a proactive agent in anticipating data analysis needs across the contract's different operational processes.
Main Duties &Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains data quality assurance processes and procedures.
• Perform complex queries and data mining methodologies to identify patterns and trends that are indicative of potential fraud, waste, and abuse using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies.
• Conduct quality assurance reviews on data analysts’ work.
• Develop specifications and extract data for data requests from all data sources, including, but not limited to the CMS Data Engine (a SAS environment) claim system.
• Conducts quality checks on data by performing record counts, gap checks, duplicate checks, and other quality assurance tests of data.
• Works closely with DBA on the DDLs creation, maintenance and optimization of the database.
• Analytical ability and business acumen to collect multiple sources of data and draw conclusions.
• Conducts quality assurance reviews of data loaded into data repositories to ensure data loads are complete, accurate and conform to business requirements.
• Provides exceptions reports of data of poor quality to the appropriate operational team lead.
• Analyze data and design/generate reports that evaluate program performance for both internal and external clients.
• Performs the analysis, exploring all appropriate options, and performing constant validation against existing data/reporting throughout.
• Responsible for building solutions involving large data sets using SQL methodologies
• Has strong analytical SQL experience working with dimensional modeling.
• Deliver projects on-time and to specification with quality.
• 8+ years of experience in managing data lineage and performing impact analysis.
• 7+ years of analysis experience as a business or data analyst.
• Experience working with programing language like Java/Scala or python is a plus.
• Experience working in agile environment.
• Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiatives.
• Ability to apply mastery knowledge in one of the relational data base (DB2, MSSQL, Teradata, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i)
• Expert ability and hands on experience in SQL is a must.
• Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate and document processes and workflows for use by various individuals of varying technical abilities.
• Ability to learn new tools with minimum guidance and work independently.
• Knowledge of HealthCare a plus.
• MS/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred and/or equivalent experience.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues and problems.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.