Large Oil and Gas company in Spring, TX is hiring a long-term contractor for a Spotfire Programmer role on their data team. This is an open-ended, 2 years+ contact engagement and the Spotfire Programmer must live in the Houston area and work daily in the office.
The Spotfire Programmer will engage in the following tasks:
- Design, develop, and support Spotfire Visualizations with complex data sources across multiple applications and platforms (SQL, Oracle, Essbase, Access, Excel, Text, HTML, etc.)
- Collaborate with customers of all disciplines to gather, define, and design new report requirements.
- Model proof of concept reports and dashboards using Spotfire 7.5 or later.
- Create and maintain Information Links.
- Design and develop complex data aggregations, graphs, charts, maps, etc.
- Provide expertise to the customers on a daily basis and mentor them in developing efficient dashboards.
- Extend the Spotfire platform using SDK to automate tasks that are widely used and creating new data connections, visuals etc.
- Knowledge/Experience on creating all charts that exist in Spotfire (scatter, line, bar, combo, pie, etc.) and how to manipulate every property associated with a visualization (trellis, color, shape, size, etc.).
- Experience in recreating reports in Spotfire that exist in Tableau, Cognos etc.
- Ability to change the data sources for existing reports and re-linking the data with new data sources.
- Ability to write Oracle and Microsoft SQL queries for building Information Links.
- Experience connecting Spotfire to Hadoop clusters is must.
- Ability to incorporate multiple data sources into one Spotfire DXP and have that information linked via data table relations.
- Experience in extending the Spotfire platform using SDK, D3 Java is required.
- Ability to incorporate different data mining / data manipulation techniques (multiple filtering schemes, multiple markings, etc.).
- Ability to incorporate document property controls to interact with the appropriate visualizations or calculated fields (input box, multi-select box, drop down menus).
- Ability to incorporate Iron Python scripts for more manipulations of the DXP through scripting and manipulate text fields with HTML.
- Ability to write simple TERR functions in Spotfire’s Script Editor (similar to building functions you could call within excel).
- Experience with Web Service public API.
- Experience implementing Spotfire on tablets or mobile experience would be a plus.
- Experience with Spotfire Administrative tasks, installation/configuration of servers and clients would be a plus.
- Experience in user training, resolving day to day issues and coordination with TIBCO technical support.