Here are the top 3 skills we are looking for this role.
1. ETL Testing with Hadoop. Strong SQL - Mandatory
2. Selenium automation with Java. - Mandatory
3. REST API testing automation with SoapUI / ReadyAPI- Mandatory
Required Function 1:
The QA Automation Sr. Engineer works closely with QA lead/management to define and establish automation strategy and process, Takes ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspect of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts.
Required Function 2:
• Works closely with developers and other stakeholders in Engineering and cross-functional teams throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC), executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.• Designs and develops test plans, test cases & test scripts based on business requirements for both manual and automated testing. Defines test strategies and test manuals for tracking and fixing software issues. • Designs and develops automated test scripts beyond record and playback; develops functions, libraries, adding control flow logic, loops & error handling. • Defines and establishes automation strategy and process for various systems. Takes ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts.• Develops well-commented, easy to maintain code that can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Improves and automates test strategies and software configurations.• Develops and executes test cases to diagnose issues and bugs.• Develops and maintains Load & performance testing as and when required. • Makes test automation framework available to other users/tester.• Manages defects in creating, triaging and retesting of defects. Creates test data when required.• Assists and advises on best practices for testing as well as make recommendations to improve efficiency and performance.• Leads, mentors and helps junior members of the QA team.
Required Function 3:
• 5+ (or Master’s degree & 3+) years related experience in automation tools and testing/Scripting and QA processes• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Required Function 4:
• Proficient expertise in the full Quality Assurance life cycle, testing methodologies, and test automation• Proficient working with automation tools (UFT/Selenium/SoapUI)• Experience with Load/Performance testing (Loadrunner)• Good scripting/programming skills (Vbscript, JUNIT, C++)• Experience with Project Management tools like HP ALM, Jira etc.• Experience working in Agile methodology• Good in SQL queries• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure• Ability to be careful and thorough with detail• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment• Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work related issues and problems • Good communication skills• Experience in the Healthcare industry.