As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for providing innovative solutions to improve our customer facing applications used by rapidly growing number of doctors and patients globally. A successful candidate will have extensive experience in providing innovative technical solutions, strong problem solving skills, great communication and collaboration skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in requirement gathering and analysis.
- Research and investigate design approaches, build quick Proof of Concept (POC) and prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Share knowledge with other teams.
- 8+ years of experience in the Information Technology Industry
- Proficient in Java and related open-source frameworks.
- Proficient in one or more of modern programming languages including Scala, Python, Ruby and related open-source frameworks.
- Solid computer science foundation.
- Experience in building scalable multi-tier distributed systems.
- Experience in Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in Linux and/or Unix OS.
- Proficient in one or more of modern programming languages including Java, Scala, Python, Ruby and related open-source frameworks.
- Quick learner who is passionate about new technologies.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive with a can-do attitude.
- Effective communication skills and work well in a team environment
- Experience in developing software in Agile methodology
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- BS in Computer Science or other quantitative fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
- Experience in developing software on cloud platforms including Heroku and AWS with a deep understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience in big data engineering technologies such as Hadoop and Spark ecosystem.
- Experience in developing machine learning/predictive analytics based systems.
- Experience in designing and building RESTful web service API and other integration technologies.
- Experience in building quick POC and prototype with a good sense of lessons learned and a clear interest and passion in trying out what was learned into new projects.
- Familiar with front-end technology and related frameworks such as HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap.
- Good understanding of key machine learning and statistical analysis concepts and have experience working with data scientists and data engineers to deliver high quality solutions.
- Experience in medical device industry
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or other quantitative fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering