Large Oil and Gas company with a divisional office in Midland, TX is seeking to hire a SCADA Systems Analyst for a long-term contract role on their team. This role will involve 25-50% travel to company properties in the Permian Division.
Will work with Production to bring in well site data, salt water disposals, compressor site data, and any field automation into the Wonderware SCADA systems for alarm history/trending, and display.
As a SCADA Systems Analyst for this very large oil and gas company, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support, maintenance, and development of SCADA systems utilizing corporate-driven standard solutions. This will include:
- Support of the plants and facilities and the process controls within these sites.
- Interface with various customer and support elements including automation, measurement, engineering, production, operations and plant support, and other IT support staff.
- Add wells to AutoSol and Wonderware.
- Troubleshoot communications issues.
- Will travel to remote sites for projects and other support (25% to 50% may be required). Company vehicle is provided based on availability and all travel expenses are covered by the employer.
- Must work well with field I&E employees and also with Fort Worth development support.
- Knowledge of SCADA and Automation controls.
- Background in working with PLC’s and related HMI hardware and their related software (Allen-Bradley, Modicon, GE).
- Working knowledge of Wonderware’s software suite (IAS, InTouch, InSQL), AutoSol, ACP ThinManager is beneficial.
- IT knowledge of Microsoft’s server operating systems and applications such as MS SQL Server 2012 is beneficial.
- Effective written and oral skills.
- Strong leadership, project management, customer-service orientation, and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in oil and gas field operations.
- Knowledge of field data capture and production accounting systems.