Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for the global support of GHO server infrastructure. Participate in the technical design and implementation strategies for Operational Monitoring and Systems Management, ensuring alignment to GHO and Clients IT Technical Architecture.
• Provide 3rd level support for Client and outsourced server and administrators. Investigate, resolve and eliminate root cause for complex infrastructure problems.
• Ensure 3rd party vendors (including offshore) are aware of and comply with Clients IT and GHO technical standards and architectural policies
• Works at Project/Business Unit Level with strong IT Connections.
• Typically engaged for department and multiple Tier2/3 projects depending on importance.
• Architectural/Technical: Operate independently or with little guidance to proactively escalate issues, drive resolution as well as contributing to wider technical groups and forums on current issues and future plans.
• Project Mgt: Work with PM to develop project plans, adapt/tailor implementation methodology, ensure fit of technical solution meets expected cost benefits. Identify and escalate technical issues to PM.
• Lead technical teams in all aspects of infrastructure/system problem analysis/resolution, infrastructure solution analysis/design and selected project technology implementation.
• Leadership: Lead systems technical analysis/design and problem resolutions making necessary trade off after due consideration.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• primary deliverables of role; its scope; budgetary control (operating/capital), impact on strategy, policy, business or people relationships
• Accountable for participating in the design and implementation of infrastructure related projects and services
• Accountable for analysis and implementation support for Application Projects to ensure alignment with technical standards
• Proactive and regular communication with GHO-LT, project management and other key stakeholders concerning technical and implementation issues that impact system delivery or problem resolution
• Deliver expedient technical designs that meet requirements and project constraints.
• Independently prepare & deliver technical options/recommendations.
• degree of change & uncertainty; level of influencing required; degree of matrix working
• Technical. Scope & align solution design to GHO and IT architecture and standards. Act as focal point for project technical issues.
• Proactively communicate to all stakeholders any technical issues, operational implications and decisions so that clarity, understanding and sponsorship is maintained.
• Proactively understand Clients IT infrastructure and architecture.
• Evaluate impact of new technology and develop processes, procedures and training plans for implementing within Client in order to have the required business impact.
• Investigate, identify and eradicate root cause of technical problems that are impacting business processes.
• Input & influence technical strategy and technology adoption.
• Lead technical teams in all aspects of analysis, design and selected project technology implementation.
• breadth & depth across disciplines or functions; expertise in field required; separate by basic and preferred
Must be non-comparative, objective and relevant. Critical/essential to accomplish the role
• Experience of working closely with BP, GRC and other EIS organisations and groups on implications of infrastructure design and operational decisions
• Postgraduate education (or equivalent experience without degree), min 8+ years technical experience and expert knowledge of systems engineering.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Windows and Virtualisation system manager or administrator
• Extensive experience of Clients Server, Storage and Data Center Operational Capabilities and Technical Functionality standards and selects those appropriate to meet objectives.
• Skilled at technical problem solving, communication to differing stakeholders, extensive interpersonal skills with recognised expertise beyond IT Hosting Services.
• Embraces challenges and fosters opportunities for creativity.
• Deep understanding of Clients Server, Storage and Data Center Technology Standards and Architecture with the ability to spot innovative ways to leverage or enhance technology to add value to Client.
Relevant to the role, but not critical/essential
• ITIL Foundation Certification (or equivalent knowledge and experience)
• Experience working within a large (2000+) server and storage infrastructure.
• Experience working within a highly regulated environment.
• Project Management experiences a plus.