Senior Software Engineer
- Literally “mission critical”- apply your engineering skills to serve your country in matters of national security
- Focus on scale, automation, and high-availability platforms for our service members around the globe
- Opportunity to lead the application of modern cloud best practices into government systems
F9 Teams has partnered with the U.S. Air Force to build Kessel Run, a flagship software development organization that’s been tasked with rapidly modernizing the way we build, deploy, scale, and run software in support of national security operations around the globe.
On a mission to bring modern cloud best practices to the Air Force, we’re are looking multiple experienced Senior Software Engineers to lead Kessel Run’s Platform team. You’ll join a group of diverse, passionate engineers from all manner of backgrounds, responsible for the development, security, and operations of Kessel Run’s global runtime platform. Together, we’ll revolutionize the way software is developed in the government sector, and tackle critical problems that impact everyone.
As a Senior Software Engineer at F9 Teams, you will:
- Lead engineering teams deliver a highly-available runtime Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering to support rapid application delivery and operation
- Define and champion the development of modern microservices architecture, and cutting-edge cloud infrastructure
- Work on the latest security solutions for critical infrastructure with the largest attack surfaces you’ll find anywhere
- Automate processes that have never before been automated, both for technology delivery and instrumentation workflows that span classified and unclassified networks
- Code. Deploy. Win.
And we think you’d be the perfect contribution to our team, if you:
- Have worked on large-scale distributed systems
- Bring knowledge of multiple cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Have used Java or other JVM-based languages to create scalable backend services in the cloud
- Have focused on modern microservices architecture, building scalable containerized applications (Docker/Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Mesos)
- Are familiar with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, or Pivotal Concourse)
- Bonus points: SECRET / TOP SECRET clearance (not a must have) or hands-on experience with AWS GovCloud
As a Senior Software Engineer at F9 Teams you’ll join a passionate group of industry and technology leaders utilizing their knowledge to change the game in the government sector. You’ll solve real-world problems in a truly mission critical environment while working in a flexible environment that encourages you to take risks. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, and diverse group and that’s bringing modern software development methodologies to a realm that impacts everybody, everyday.