Boston, MA (or remote with up to 80% travel)
- Literally “mission critical”- apply your engineering skills to serve your country in matters of national security
- Focus on scale, automation, and high-availability platforms for our service members around the globe
- Opportunity to lead the application of modern cloud best practices into government systems
F9 Teams has partnered with the U.S. Air Force to build Kessel Run, a flagship software development organization that’s been tasked with rapidly modernizing the way we build, deploy, scale, and run software in support of national security operations around the globe.
On a mission to bring modern cloud best practices to the Air Force, we’re are looking multiple experienced Platform Engineers to lead Kessel Run’s Platform team. You’ll join a group of diverse, passionate engineers from all manner of backgrounds, responsible for the development, security, and operations of Kessel Run’s global runtime platform. Together, we’ll revolutionize the way software is developed in the government sector, and tackle critical problems that impact everyone.
As a Platform Engineer at F9 Teams, you will:
- Lead engineering teams deliver a highly-available runtime Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering to support rapid application delivery and operation
- Build and operate multi-tenant shared services that support software engineering organizations comprised of 100’s of engineers and 10’s of teams (eg. event streams, databases, data analytics, message queues, storage, logging, etc.)
- Define and champion the development of new services, to reduce platform complexity and mean time to recovery
- Work on cutting-edge security solutions for critical infrastructure with the largest attack surfaces you’ll find anywhere
- Automate processes that have never before been automated, both for technology delivery and instrumentation workflows that span classified and unclassified networks
- Code. Deploy. Win.
And we think you’d be the perfect contribution to our team, if you:
- Are passionate about sharpening the Air Force and ensuring that they are able to complete their mission with minimal risk to human life
- Are passionate about training the Air Force to do software development and want to see them acquire and build systems in a cost efficient and well thought out manner
- Possess a deep understanding on the design and development of Java (or JVM-based) applications in critical production environments
- Have experience working cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Hands-on experience with major PaaS solutions (Pivotal Cloud Foundry or OpenShift) and CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, or Pivotal Concourse)
- Have designed and built scalable containerized applications (Docker/Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Mesos)
- Bonus points: SECRET / TOP SECRET clearance (not a must have) or hands-on experience with AWS GovCloud
As a Platform Engineer at F9 Teams you’ll join a passionate group of industry and technology leaders utilizing their knowledge to change the game in the government sector. You’ll solve real-world problems in a truly mission critical environment while working in a flexible environment that encourages you to take risks. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, and diverse group and that’s bringing modern software development methodologies to a realm that impacts everybody, everyday.