Principal DevOps Engineer
- Literally “mission critical”- apply your engineering skills to serve your country in matters of national security
- Focus on scale, automation, and high-availability platforms for our service members around the globe
- Opportunity to lead the application of modern cloud best practices into government systems
F9 Teams has partnered with the U.S. Air Force to build Kessel Run, a flagship software development organization that’s been tasked with rapidly modernizing the way we build, deploy, scale, and run software in support of national security operations around the globe.
On a mission to bring modern cloud best practices to the Air Force, we’re are looking multiple experienced Principal DevOps Engineers to lead Kessel Run’s DevOps team. You’ll join a group of diverse, passionate engineers from all manner of backgrounds, responsible for solving complex problems related to cloud service infrastructure and build automation. Together, we’ll revolutionize the way software is developed in the government sector, and tackle critical problems that impact everyone.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer at F9 Teams, you will:
- Lead engineering teams to design, build, and deploy automation software needed to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Kessel Run’s global platform
- Work cross-team to ensure Kessel Run supports unique environments, and to design solutions to meet specific stakeholder needs
- Champion our CI/CD efforts by building and monitoring configuration standards
- Work on cutting-edge security solutions for critical infrastructure with the largest attack surfaces you’ll find anywhere
- Automate processes that have never before been automated, both for technology delivery and instrumentation workflows that span classified and unclassified networks
- Code. Deploy. Win.
And we think you’d be the perfect contribution to our team, if you:
- Have deployed containerized applications at scale (Docker/Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Mesos)
- Have experience with Java or other JVM-based languages
- Have worked with multiple cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, etc.)
- Bring hands-on experience with Linux infrastructures, database SQL (MS SQL), and CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, or Pivotal Concourse)
- Are passionate about automation, and believe nothing should ever be done manually twice
- Bonus points: SECRET / TOP SECRET clearance (not a must have) or hands-on experience with AWS GovCloud
As a Principal DevOps Engineer at F9 Teams you’ll join a passionate group of industry and technology leaders utilizing their knowledge to change the game in the government sector. You’ll solve real-world problems in a truly mission critical environment while working in a flexible environment that encourages you to take risks. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, and diverse group and that’s bringing modern software development methodologies to a realm that impacts everybody, everyday.