Interested in building a backend system to handle millions of identity verification transactions? Curious about designing a scalable backend infrastructure to securely store and access identity data like passports and identity documents? Want to be involved in building APIs, running machine learning models? If yes, we would love to learn more about you!
Who we are?
EYN is a London based startup that leverages cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning to develop next-generation biometric identity management products and services.
Our team has experience in developing world-leading biometric systems used in major airports and government agencies. EYN ’s team is made up of highly experienced individuals from some of the best academic institutions in the world.
Why are we building EYN?
We founded EYN with the mission to democratize secure identity verification to everyone, irrespective of any race, religion, colour or nationality. We believe in a future where identity verification is frictionless, effortless and without any human bias and judgment.
What does EYN do?
EYN provides an identity verification engine powered by border level technology that enables companies to verify their customer’s identity in seconds just by using a smartphone app. Currently working with the largest staffing companies in the UK, EYN’s software helps to onboard thousands of workers every month. Additionally, EYN allows our customers to accurately track time in and out of workers using accurate and secure biometric facial recognition software. You can find out about our products here: https://www.eyn.vision
- Developing and managing scalable, fault tolerant, highly available AWS-based micro/mini-services
- Participate in the entire backend application lifecycle
- Write clean code and APIs for internal and external clients
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Proven work experience as a python back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of development and CI/CD process
- Experience or good understanding of relational (e.g. RDS) and/or non-relational (e.g. DynamoDB) DB
- Experience in writing clean code, unit tests, and excellent debugging skills
- Basic understanding or experience about AWS ecosystem
Highly Regarded (but optional) :
- Experience in AWS serverless architecture (e.g. Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, API gateway, among others)
- Built and maintained dockerized microservices
- Associate/Professional level AWS certification in architect or DevOps track
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or strong equivalent industry experience)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (£55K-£75K) with equity: 0.5% - 1.5%
- Alternatively, open to discuss a 3-month contract on competitive daily rate
- 25 days holiday + 2 Extra days
- Pension contribution
- Early stage startup experience
- The yearly budget for training on the topic of your choice