As the Director of Labor Relations, you will be responsible for leading labor relations efforts for the Extreme Reach Production Solutions team and our rapidly growing list of clients! In this new and important role, you will utilize your crew and entertainment industry expertise to analyze collective bargaining agreements while interpreting the
terms of contracts. You will be at the heart of our LA leadership team, providing subject matter expertise internally and externally, building relationships with clients, analyzing data, generating high quality work and helping to build a team.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, energetic, driven, optimistic, fun and inspiring. We’re especially interested in industry experts who have winning track record and deep relationships. If you are excited to leverage your connections in the crew and entertainment industry that can help gain traction in sales, train and support our team
and interface daily with unions and clients, where no two days are the same, then we would love to meet you!
- Address Labor Relations issues from Clients (external and internal) and Production Solutions team
- Analyze Collective Bargaining Agreements to develop interpretation of how to best apply the terms of the contract
- Maintain contact with various Labor Unions and Talent Guilds to guarantee accurate interpretation of contracts and appliance of such in payroll operations
- Represent the company in negotiations of collective bargaining agreements between Major Studios, Producers, Unions, and Payroll Companies
- Development of procedures and improvements or changes to CBAs that optimize adherence to the CBA requirements
- Project initiatives, providing labor relations expertise and guidance
- Maintain and develop further knowledge of all industry unions and guilds contracts as well as the history of those collective bargaining agreements
- Develop and maintain close professional relationship with the corporate and labor attorneys to ensure proper representation at mediations, conference meetings, and hearings in reference to lawsuits and labor claims and disputes.
- Assist in training the Payroll Department to enhance compliance of various Federal, State, and Union regulations
- Work closely with the Software Development team on design and improvements to the payroll system
- 10+ years of experience in the Entertainment Industry
- Extensive Labor Law Knowledge specific to the Entertainment Industry
- Expert understanding of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Expert in CBA interpretation