We are currently looking for a Technical Architect to join our team. The Technical Architect will act as a domain expert to sales teams on the Exterro platform and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background the Technical Architect will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the Exterro platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Technical Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Exterro Solutions fit.
Roles and responsibilities:
· The Technical Architect will participate in the delivery of product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service market.
· Advise IT teams as they look buy Exterro Platform
· Present Exterro’s technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
· Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
· Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
· Work closely with other elements of the Exterro organization sales, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
· Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
· Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
· Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
· B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
· 3-5 years experience with IT security
· A good understanding of the architectural principals of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
· Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
· A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management.
· A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications.
· Architectural and development experience of Web Services
· Principals of network, application and information security
· Knowledge of Lucene, SOLR indexing, Amazon Webservices and Big data eco systems is a Plus