Near Earth Autonomy is looking for an enthusiastic program manager to help create a future where autonomous aircraft are commonplace and safe. Our technology enables aircraft ranging in scale from sub-meter to full scale to autonomously inspect, map, survey, and transport. Our pursuits encompass system design, development, and real-world testing facilitating novel applications and solutions for our customers.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible for management of multiple projects involving engineering development, maturation, and implementation of autonomous technologies for unmanned aerial vehicle applications. Working with project technical leads and managers, the Program Manager defines activities, schedules, and budgets, overseeing coordination towards successful completion of projects fulfilling company agendas. Business development via cultivation of project sponsor/stakeholder relationships is also expected.
Summary of responsibilities includes:
- Coordinate among multiple projects in a portfolio.
- Work with technical leads and project managers to facilitate the creation of project plans including budgets, schedules, work breakdowns, and tasking necessary to achieve threshold/goal objectives.
- Coordinate activities with other managers and engineering personnel to ensure successful completion of tasks.
- Assist in defining and monitoring dependencies, requirements, and resource allocations.
- Help identify issues and provide/recommend solutions for resolution of issues, including resource and priority conflicts, within and between projects.
- Document and convey progress/status to internal stakeholders and external customers via quad charts, monthly reports, and presentations.
- Track and communicate expenditures, schedule status, resourcing, technical progress, and path forward towards fulfillment of milestones and deliverables.
- Interface with other managers, technical leads, and engineering personnel in support of various company initiatives.
- Develop program plans including technical scope, cost estimates, and schedule projections in support of strategic planning, business development, and proposal activities.
Areas for growth include:
- Assist with configuration management, information management, test data support, documentation management, integrated logistics support, and quality assurance activities across project and/or product lifecycles.
- Evaluate recommended changes/improvements to quality improvement processes, procedures, policies, and plans.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in an engineering-related field.
- Minimum of 8 year experience in aerospace or defense related industries.
- Experience planning, organizing, and executing projects; preferably within high-tech or robotics enterprises.
- Prior experience managing R&D and/or technology maturation efforts in DoD environments is preferred.
- Prior involvement within the DoD acquisition lifecycle, particularly related to a Program of Record, or experience managing commercial productization and/or software certification is preferred.
- Should possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering principles and Jama Requirements Management Software Tool is preferred.
- Due to the nature of Near Earth's funding, this position is restricted to US citizens.
- Compensation compatible with qualifications
- 401(k) plan
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life insurance; long-term and short-term disability benefits