Our client is a baked goods supplier for the foodservice and retail markets in the United States. They have a great work environment and you get to fix the machines that make the food!
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to be based in Rochester, NY and will be working the B shift.
The Maintenance Mechanic works within a team at the production bakery to install, inspect, maintain, and perform primary repair of mechanical equipment involved with operating and maintenance of the manufacturing systems and building grounds.
- A key role in this position will be conducting preventative maintenance audits on manufacturing equipment. You will be responsible for the dismantling, repair and reassembly of machinery such as motors, conveyor lines and palletizers. This position will also be responsible for the setup of all manufacturing equipment, office, heating and cooling systems, and alarm systems.
- You will use hand, bench, and machine tools in the repair and maintenance of machinery, acetylene, arch and gas welding, operate drill presses, grinders, replace and repair bearings, shafts, sleeves, and other parts
- Change oil and grease equipment, read schematics, blueprints, and other mechanical documentation
- Experience troubleshooting PLC, VFD, and 3 phase electrical
- Experience reading blueprints, logs and electrical drawings
- Must have a general knowledge of electrical installation
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to perform maintenance and repair of silos, property, HVAC, ammonia refrigeration, and production line equipment
- Welding, fabrication, pneumatics and hydraulic skills for equipment repair
- Knowledge of steam and pressure lines is preferred
- Knowledge of air compressors and filtration systems is preferred
- Overtime hours may be required
- Must have own transportation to travel between client sites