Our client has over 20 years of experience providing building automation solutions across a variety of industries. They are privately held and focus on the Upstate NY region.
We are currently looking for a System Specialist who will be responsible for proper startup and commissioning of projects assigned by the Project Manager. This includes performing a point to point checkout, completing documentation, performing software/hardware calibration, and performing warranty related service calls (among other tasks). In this role, you will work closely with installation subcontractors and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelors technical degree highly preferred
- At least 3 years field experience in the controls industry including DDC Systems commissioning, software operation, calibration and experience with pneumatic controls preferred.
- Knowledgeable in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC industry
- Knowledge in servers, network equipment, and environments
- Knowledgeable in construction contracting industry with specific emphasis in mechanical/electrical fields and specific experience on construction projects
- Able to carry/setup and climb an 8’ ladder without assistance
- Able to visit job construction hard hat areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipework and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to exposed line voltage and low voltage wiring and terminations
- Possess valid motor vehicle license and possess safe driving record as required by the company’s insurance carrier
Our client offers:
- 401k with partial match
- Health and dental benefits
- Competitive pay
- Great work atmosphere