At Ethic, we are powering the future of sustainable investing.
We're a technology-driven, sustainable asset manager empowering institutions to create passive investment portfolios specific to their values and financial goals.
We’re looking for an experienced Operations professional to join our Investment Operations team responsible for client onboarding, investment support, and trading controls.
You are excited to work at a dynamic, growing company, and the cross functional opportunities that creates. You are passionate about having a positive impact in the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily risk and control activities related to client account management and reporting
- Portfolio and account reconciliations pre and post trading, managing exceptions in coordination with portfolio manager
- Act as internal subject matter expert for order management, reconciliation and controls, daily account management related activities
- Manage relationships with custodians and third party providers related to account and portfolio management
- Continue to optimize operational activities of the firm solving for risk, efficiency and scale, implementing and documenting changes along the way
- Partner with broader Advisor Client Team to understand the client experience with Ethic, where we can continue to partner more effectively
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to define areas of development for operational processes and controls, including defining requirements and testing
- Manage client billing process, in coordination with accounting team, including verifying fee receivables, processing at the custodians, and ultimately reporting asset and fee numbers to the executive team
- Problem solver - constantly looking to understand the needs of our clients more deeply, and continually optimizing Ethic processes, systems, controls
- Detail oriented, with a strong ability to multitask
- Analytical person, constantly learning and applying knowledge to improve the business
- Ability to work independently and own a specific set of functions
- Must be a team player, proactively helping and learning from other members of the team
- Strong communication skills - ability to explain operational details to a variety of stakeholders ranging from business development team members, to engineers, to advisor clients
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably financial operations risk and control experience with a registered broker dealer or asset manager
- Excited to work at a dynamic, growing company, and the cross functional opportunities that creates - we’re less than 20 people and growing - there’s a lot of areas of the business you can get involved in
- Passionate about having a positive impact in the world