TACG is a driven Alaskan Native 8(a) professional consulting firm, that focuses on employee growth in collaboration with client delivery. Our portfolio ranges from support work with Health and Human Services to highly skilled Defense consulting. We have recently been awarded as one of INC.5000’s fastest growing companies, and received multiple best places to work awards. How can you help shape TACG?
TACG is looking for an experienced Senior Avionics Technician. They will be responsible for accurately diagnosing faults and take appropriate repair actions to restore Line Replaceable Units (LRUs), Shop Replaceable Units (SRUs), Test Measurement ; Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and special purpose test equipment to operational condition.
- Accurately diagnose faults in the test stations and Test Program Sets (TPS) and take required repair actions to restore electronic units or test stations, multi-conductor cables and wiring harnesses to fully operational and serviceable status.
- Interpret schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals in the performance of repair, troubleshooting, and technical analysis duties for reparable units and test stations.
- Access JEDMIX program to obtain the latest drawings, parts lists, mechanical drawings, and technical specifications.
- Use a variety of standard Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), distortion analyzers, frequency counters, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and voltmeters in support of technical and repair services.
- Perform self-devised, supplemental fault or technical analysis routines when failures are beyond the scope of automated diagnostics program Test Program Sets (TPS) to isolate the faulty components.
- Provide on-the-job training to government personnel in the proper use of these techniques.
- Perform in-depth analysis of test software and recommend specific corrective actions.
- Assist in prototype and first article testing to ensure the Government receives a fully functional TPS that identifies faults quickly and accurately.
- Perform in-depth technical analysis to resolve issues pertaining to technical problems on specified weapons systems.
- Repair, modify, troubleshoot, calibrate, align and functionally test electronic equipment and test stations, both manually and with automatic test stations. No more than 1 confirmed Quality Deficiency Report (QDR) per month, but no more than 4 total per year, attributed to contractor workmanship.
- Production Accepted Certification (PAC) stamp the identification tag to certify condition of assets prior to shipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Eight (8) years total experience with the testing and repair of electronic LRUs and SRUs.
- Four (4) years shall be experience in the testing, troubleshooting and repairing of faults in Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and Test Program Sets (TPS).
Education & Certification Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Technical school degree/certificate or equivalent experience required; Electronics areas
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: DoD Secret will be required
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 25%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
We understand that our employees make us the great company we are, so we want to give back as much as possible. Whether it’s our flexible wellness program that gives you the power to do what makes you happy or focusing on career development utilizing our tuition reimbursement, we’re sure to have every benefit you’re looking for, to also include; matching 401(k), Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage and much more!
TACG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.